Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Viszontlatasra!

Tomorrow morning I leave Budapest for Spain. This has been a wonderful (and educational) visit, and I am sad it is ending. This evening Agi and Zsolt and I had some goodbye wine. Last night we went to Trofea, an all you can eat and drink restaurant. I had salads, fruit, 4 kinds of pate, sausage, 2 grilled meats, roast duck with purple kraut, dumplings, croquettes, and noodles. I also had 4 deserts - a kind of bread pudding with poppy seeds (finom!) and chocolate sauce, a chocolate mousse, a strawberry and vanilla cake, and a vanilla and citrus cake. I also had a glass of Hungarian red wine and a glass of champagne. I tried to pay for dinner as a thank you, but Zsolt saw me and wouldn't let the waiter take my Visa card. Sainos. So now I am even more determined to host some Hungarians in Minneapolis!

1 comment:

Be the change you want to see said...

Sounds like you are having a great time and learning so much. I love your blog - I was so enthralled that for a minute I felt like I was there... taking it all in!

I'll definitely have to add Budapest to my list of places to see... it looks beautiful.

I'm looking forward to your Spain experience - I miss it there so much. Have fun, and if you need travel advice (places to see, eat, etc), I would love to help!!!

We miss you :(